My 10-year-old daughter loves the kitchen almost as much as I do. She is also a fan of salads and fruits. When your child is a fan of something healthy, I guess it's your obligation to encourage it.
So, this salad is her "creation" that she enjoys as a main course just by herself. That's her hand in the picture sprinkling parmesan cheese on her salad..:)
Ingredients: (Serves 1-2)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped (makes about 4 cups)
- 1 cubanelle pepper, coarsely chopped (or any other kind of mild green pepper)
- 1 apple, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (preferably finely grated)
- Put all the ingredients, except parmesan cheese, into a medium salad bowl and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the salad and enjoy.