This is a quick and simple dressing for your everyday salads. It is probably very similar to what everybody else is doing, but it is kind of special to me: I got this ratio from a friend's friend at whose house I once ate lunch. Ayse (Aisha) was a very nice lady and a great cook, and the salad she served at that lunch was sooo refreshing... Unfortunately a few months later she passed away unexpectedly... Now every time I prepare this dressing, I send her a little prayer...
- 6 to 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a jar or plastic container (with a lid). Close the lid very tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour onto salad and toss.
- You can use any type of vinegar you like; from white wine vinegar to balsamic vinegar; you can even use pomegranate molasses. All these give a nice kick.
- For this ratio I personally add a good 1/4 teaspoon salt. But it is really a matter of taste (and health), so adjust the salt amount to your liking.
- Add the mustard if you want a more creamy dressing.
- It is different from person to person how much dressing they like on a certain amount of salad. Just to give you an example: For me personally, above given amount easily covers one head of coarsely chopped lettuce (4-5 cups).